Terms and Conditions
Bookings are accepted subject to these terms and conditions unless otherwise agreed in writing:
• Cottage-Waters Touring Caravan Park only accommodates adults.
• Persons under 18 years of age are not permitted to enter the park either as a guest or visitor.
• A non-refundable deposit of £30 is required with each booking, the balance to be paid 2 weeks before the day of arrival.
• Acceptance of your booking forms a contract under which you have agreed to pay the total fee due.
• We are a member’s site with the Freedom Camping Club. This is free to join if you are not a member you can join onsite and receive your free membership.
• Bookings over bank holidays and Easter are subject to minimum booking periods of 3 or 4 nights respectively.
• We are unable to refund payments should guests decide to leave before the end of the booked period.
• The park owners cannot be held responsible or liable for loss, damage or injury to property or persons on the park, howsoever caused. Guests are advised to check that their insurances cover all personal and third party risk for the period of their stay.
• Please be aware there are currently no public toilet / shower facilities available on site. These form part of our improvement programme to the park for 2016 and will be available later in the season.
• Conditions and prices may change without prior notice.
• Advance bookings, accepted by us, will be charged at the prices applicable at the time of booking.
• Prices include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of booking.
ARRIVALS AND DEPARTURES
• Arrival time is 12 midday to 7pm. If you anticipate arriving outside of these times please contact us in advance.
• Guests must park in the designated parking area and check in at reception before entering the park.
• We reserve the right to refuse admission.
• Commercial vehicles are not permitted on-site. If in doubt please contact the management before arrival.
• We cannot guarantee specific locations and pitches, though we do try to arrange the preferences included with your booking.
• Pitches are be vacated by 11.00 on the day of departure unless a late departure, has been agreed in advance .
Just a few park rules so that each guest has the opportunity to enjoy Cottage-Waters Touring Caravan Park at its best. A full list of rules will be supplied at time of booking.
• Only one car per pitch is permitted on the touring park. A car park is available for additional vehicles.
• Dogs must be kept on a short lead at all times except in the woodland dog walking area. Dogs must be kept fully under control in the camping area and must not be allowed to stray onto other pitches.
• Please remember not to leave animals unattended in vehicles and caravans.
• BBQ’s are permitted, but must be kept well clear of the grass. Campfires are not permitted under any circumstances.
• Cleaning vehicles or caravans on the pitch is not permitted.
• We have chickens and ducks which are our pets, please don’t feed them around your pitch .If you wish to feed them please go down to their huts.
• The owners reserve the right to terminate the visit of any person(s) whose conduct is detrimental to Cottage-Waters or to other visitors.
• Generators are not allowed on your pitch. EHU is available.
• Where applicable adhere to the countryside code, caravan code and the seashore code.
• No visitor acts in a way which may cause injury, damage, or nuisance to another visitor, local resident or member of the public or their belongings. Report any serious incidents to management.
• Movement of vehicles, cars, motorhomes, etc is prohibited between the hours of 11pm to 7pm during which time noise should be kept at a minimum and quiet period observed for the benefit of all campers .
• To avoid possible damage to sewerage systems we support the use of bio-degradable chemicals / fluids that do not affect the natural bacterial balance within the system.
• Vehicle drivers, motor cycles, cyclists, etc are required to adhere to the site’s 5 mph speed limit at all times.
We hope you enjoy your stay with us
PARK RULES/CONDITIONS OF BOOKING CAMPERS, MOTORHOMES AND TOURERS.
These rules, which are designed to benefit all bona fide campers and tourers, set out general standards of conduct and behaviour expected of them.
On arrival, someone will be around to show you where to go, Pitches may not be available before midday at peak times.
A non-refundable deposit of £30 per week or part week is required for each pitch booked in advance. Balance of payment is to be paid at least 28 days prior to arrival. Provisional bookings will be re-let if balance is not received. NO REFUNDS GIVEN.
Any receipt of payment should be retained throughout the stay.
Admission to the park implies a commitment to uphold the internal rules of the park. Tents or caravans/motorhomes should be placed only as directed by the management and may be transferred to other pitches, if the management think it is necessary to maintain the condition of the pitches.
The management is entitled to refuse admission when this appears to be necessary in the interests of the park occupants. No commercial vehicles are permitted to stay on the park. Trading in the park is forbidden.
Keep the pitch tidy, with the minimum of equipment stored outside and tidily placed. Strictly only one tent/tourer/motorhome per pitch. Exact size of units must be accurately provided at time of booking. Larger units may have to book and pay for two pitches in order to comply with safety regulations. The maximum pitch occupancy is 4 persons.
USE OF CARS
Cars must be parked within the boundaries of your pitch and as directed by the management, but in any event must not encroach on neighbouring pitches. Additional cars must be booked and parked on the drive..
Chemical toilets and waste water containers must be emptied only in the places provided for the purpose, or in accordance with the instructions of the management.
Refuse must be placed in the receptacles provided at the front entrance. We encourage recycling; bins are provided for glass, paper, plastic, household waste, etc.
MAXIMUM LENGTH OF STAY
Please note maximum length of stay is 28 days.
The washing of clothes and dishes is forbidden at taps which provide drinking water. Washing lines must not be hung from trees, shrubs or fences.
The lighting of open ground fires is forbidden.
No natural wood can be brought, collected or burnt on the Park under any circumstances. Proprietary barbecues are permitted, but must not be placed directly onto the ground. (Bricks and slabs are provided if necessary).
DOGS & OTHER PETS
Dogs are not permitted in any of the buildings including reception and the shower blocks. Dogs must always be kept on a short leash on the park and other pets must be kept under proper control. They must not be allowed to go onto anyone else’s pitch or on the water stations. They must not be allowed to foul the park and must strictly be exercised off the park.
NOISE & NUISANCE
Musical instruments, audio equipment and similar appliances should be used considerately during the day, and not after 10.00 p.m. Between the hours of 11.00 p.m. and 7.00 a.m. absolute quiet should be observed.
The use of foul language, threatening behaviour or vandalism will not be tolerated and as a consequence all members of a party will be asked to leave and no refund will be given.
No cycling allowed on the park.
Any games, particularly ball games, which might annoy or inconvenience others are forbidden.
Respect the park and amenities – do not damage plants, trees or grass – do not dig holes for any purpose whatsoever – do not drop litter – do not intrude on your neighbour’s privacy or pitch.
You should leave the park by 11.00am at the latest. Ensure that the pitch is left as you would wish to find it on arrival. Late departure until 1.00 p.m. or 5.00 p.m. may be possible at a supplement, subject to availability.
Accommodation on the park is provided on the condition that all the rules and instructions given by the management are observed. Any person in breach of these rules will be asked to leave the park and no refund will be given.
Some facilities will be limited to the high season. Modification and improvements to park facilities and areas are being carried out continuously. Cottage-Waters shall not be liable in respect of their non-availability or otherwise due to circumstances beyond their control.
THE STATIC CARAVAN
A £50.00 non-refundable deposit is required to secure your booking, with the balance to be paid 4 weeks prior to arrival.
Check in time is from 2:30pm on the day of arrival. You will need to vacate the caravan by 11:00am on the day of departure.
When booking the caravan it is intended for yourselves. Extra parties are not allowed in the caravan unless it is authorised by management.